Eustis Gun Club, Inc.
Procedures for New Club Members
1. All prospective new members will present themselves at a general membership meeting will a completed membership application, membership fees (initiation and insurance fees are not refundable), and any other requirements for membership.
2. At this meeting, they will be introduced to the members, given a range safety briefing, a temporary membership card (valid for 60 days), and a copy of the Club Rules.
3. During this 60-day period, the new member will obtain three (3) EGC Range Officer signatures (shooting at three separate occasions) attesting to the new memberís knowledge of Club procedures and safe gun handling while shooting on the range. This may be completed before the 60 days and brought to the next General Membership meeting if desired.
4.During the probationary period:
a. New members may shoot while other members are present on the range.
b. They may only bring guests to observe, but NOT shoot.
c. Probationary membership identification will be worn at all times on the range.
d. All club members should help prospective members to understand and abide by Club procedures. All serious safety infractions should be passed on to a Club officer for appropriate action.
5. Following the probationary period, or on completion of signed-off probationary card, the new member will attend a general membership meeting, at which time their membership will be voted on by the Club members.
6. If a prospective new member cannot complete the requirements in the allotted time, it is their responsibility to contact a Club officer to make necessary accommodations, at the discretion of the Board of Directors. Every effort will be made to help prospective members.